monVPN Connect for Linux
To be able to take full advantage of all the advanced functions of our VPN service, we recommend that you use our connection software monVPN Connect for Linux.
– Download the archive HERE
– Unzip the file
– Extract the file corresponding to your Linux distribution and kernel version (32-bit or 64-bit)
– Launch the installer
– Launch myVPN Connect
– Use your credentials (1, 2) to login. You can check your credentials for the VPN in the customer area > services > click on the active VPN service. Note that your credentials are case sensitive. You have the option save your credentials (3). Click on Login (4).
– Click Connect to connect to a server automatically chosen by the software or click Settings to access the advanced settings:
1. Choose the encryption: RSA 4096-bit (available on all servers) or the more advanced RSA + TOR and RSA + XOR.
2. If you check Fix DNS leak our software will replace your DNS.
3. monVPN Connect gives you the options:
launch the application automatically,
connect to a VPN server automatically with startup,
reconnect you automatically in case of disconnection,
automatically connect to the VPN if you are on an unsecured WIFI network,
to cut the connection completely if the VPN disconnects – KillSwitch
4. After choosing the desired options, click on the monVPN logo
– To connect choose between TCP or UDP modes (1), choose the server / country on which you want to connect (2) and click Connect (3).
– In the list of servers you can also see the ping (1) and the load (2) for each VPN server
– Once connected monVPN Connect indicates your old IP (1) and your new IP (2). To disconnect click on Cancel (3). To jump to another VPN server click on Jump (4).