VPN Client for Windows monVPN Connect ( OLD )
Installing myVPN Connect on Windows
- Download the file HERE and install the VPN client for Windows as administrator with all the scripts and drivers that come with it. (If you are using Avast or Kaspersky it is possible to receive a false alert and have to add monVPN Connect to the list of exceptions).
How to use the VPN client on Windows
- Launch monVPN Connect from your desktop and use your credentials (1, 2). You can find your credentials in the customer area > services> click on the active VPN service. Note that your credentials are case sensitive. You have the option to save your credentials (3). Click on Login (4).
- To connect choose between TCP or UDP modes (1), choose the server / country on which you want to connect (2) and click Connect (3).
- In the list of servers you can also see the ping (1) and the load (2) for each server.
- Once connected, the software indicates your old IP (1) and your new IP (2). To disconnect click on Cancel (3). To jump to another VPN server chosen automatically by the client click on Jump (4).
What advanced settings does our VPN client for Windows offer
- If you want to access the advanced settings of our Windows VPN client click on Settings.
- Choose the encryption: RSA 4096-bit (available on all servers).
- If you check Fix DNS leak our VPN client for Windows will replace your DNS. If you check IPv6 leak the software will block the IPv6 protocol on your computer to not allow leaks. This option is no longer recommended since our VPN service is IPv6 compatible.
- monVPN Connect also offers the following options:
- launch the application automatically,
- connect to a server automatically with startup,
- reconnect you automatically in case of disconnection,
- automatically connect to the VPN if you are on an unsecured WIFI network,
- cut the connection completely if the VPN disconnects – Kill Switch.
4. After choosing the options you want, click on the logo to return to the home screen. After connecting to the VPN you can always check your IP HERE.